Terms and Conditions
FOURKAY Conditions of Sale
01. FOURKAY is a trading name of Vertical State Ltd.
02. We do business only under these Conditions of Sale. All other terms, including any which may be included with your purchase order, are explicitly refused. We are not obliged to accept any order that you place with us or offer you credit.
03. Goods are subject to availability and stocked products may occasionally vary from those advertised.
04. You must decide before ordering if the goods are suitable for your needs; we do not accept any responsibility for assisting you with that decision.
05. Although we make reasonable checks to avoid errors occurring, please note that we reserve the right to cancel or refuse orders for items shown on our website with an incorrect price or with any other incorrect information. No contract is made with you until we have dispatched your order. Where we make a mistake we will give you the option to either: (i) cancel your order and obtain a refund of any sums paid in advance; and/or (ii) place the order again at the correct price/on the correct terms.
Prices and Payment
06. Our website prices display VAT separately. At the time you place your order, the price of the goods may have changed from the one advertised - please confirm the price before you order.
07. Registered account holders may be offered individual pricing that differs from the pricing available to website users who are not logged in to an account. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are logged in to your account when placing an order as pricing will not be adjusted once and order has been placed and paid for.
08. We accept payment for website orders by credit or debit card. Payments are due and taken at the point of customer order, not on dispatch of goods.
09. We reserve the right to run a credit check with a relevant credit agency to validate any credit card account holder or delivery address details.
10. Under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998 we can exercise our statutory right to charge interest and a compensation fee on any invoices overdue.
11. Orders received by 3 pm on a working day are normally processed the same day. Orders placed at weekends or Bank Holidays are normally processed the next working day. Please contact us in advance if you have any special delivery requirements – there may be an additional charge. You will be offered a choice of shipping options when completing your purchase. To see details of all shipping options and charges please refer to our shipping page.
12. If the goods do not arrive or are incomplete, are the wrong goods or are damaged when you open them, you must tell our sales team within 14 days of receipt or expected delivery.
13. Risk passes to you on delivery. After delivery you are responsible for protecting and insuring the goods against loss, damage or destruction.
14. You cannot cancel a submitted order after the goods have been dispatched unless this is agreed in writing by our authorised representative.
Return of Unwanted Products
15. Unwanted products can be returned for refund as long as you let us know that you want to return them within 14 days of delivery. The unwanted product must then be returned within 14 days of you notifying us of your intention to return. We will provide a return label and the cost of return postage will be deducted from the refund amount.
16. Returned unwanted products should include all original packaging, be in ‘as new’ condition and must not have been used, installed or had any data input on them. Returned unwanted goods that have been installed, used, damaged or handled excessively will be subject to a charge of up to 50% of the purchase price being deducted from the refund.
17. Please note we do not accept returns of special purchase items, consumables or products that you agree in advance are non-cancellable or non-returnable (unless faulty).
18. Faulty products can be returned for a full refund or replacement up to 30 days after purchase. You must notify us of the fault within this 30 day period. We will provide a return label and the cost of return postage will not be deducted from your refund.
19. All purchase are covered by a 12 month warranty. Products that are found to be faulty up to twelve months after purchase will be repaired or replaced without charge. You must notify us of the fault within this twelve month period. If the product can’t be repaired or replaced, we will provide a full refund.
20. Products replaced under warranty assume the warranty of the original product for the remaining period or a period of 90 days, whichever is longer. When the products or components are replaced, the replacing articles shall become customer property and the replaced articles shall become the property of FOURKAY.
21. The twelve month warranty will not apply to
22. Without prejudice to condition 28 below, the remedies in the Returns and Warranty sections of these terms represent your sole and exclusive remedies in respect of any issues you experience with the goods/services provided by us.
23. If you return goods, please ensure that you have backed up and/or removed your data as appropriate. We will not be responsible for any data that is lost or left on equipment.
Clearance/2nd User Stock
24. A Clearance/2nd user product is deemed to be a product which is offered by FOURKAY at a discounted price compared to its original price where such products have been previously used or opened, have items missing or have damaged packaging. In addition, some may have been repaired or refurbished.
25. Details of the warranty status of such products are to be found on the listing. Such products are sold on an 'as is' basis with no warranty or guarantee given other than as expressly disclosed in the listing.
26. We sometimes monitor or record telephone calls for training and security purposes.
Suspension and Termination
27. FOURKAY may cancel outstanding orders for goods without liability to you if any of the following events happen:
Limitation of Liability
28. FOURKAY does not limit its liability to you for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
29. We will accept the return of faulty goods for a period of 30 days from date of delivery (see Condition 18) and our liability will be limited to the replacement of the goods or a full refund.
30. Without prejudice to condition 28 above, we do not accept any liability (and hereby exclude all liability) for special, indirect or consequential losses of any kind or for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or corruption to data, loss or damage to goodwill, business or reputation (and in each case whether classified as direct or indirect and howsoever arising, including in relation to breach of contract or negligence).
31. Without prejudice to condition 28 above, FOURKAY's liability to you in respect of damage to tangible property resulting directly from its negligence or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors is up to a maximum of £5,000 in respect of any one event or series of connected events.
32. Without prejudice to conditions 28 and 30 and subject to condition 29, FOURKAY's maximum aggregate liability to you under this Agreement shall be limited to the value of the goods or services giving rise to the claim. The parties agree that conditions 28 to 31 are reasonable given the other remedies offered under these Conditions of Sale.
Matters beyond FOURKAY's Reasonable Control
33. FOURKAY will not be liable for any delay in performing, failure to perform or deliver, or defective performance or delivery of any goods or services if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond FOURKAY's reasonable control.
34. This Agreement and any contracts made under it are subject to English law and English courts have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to all matters (whether based on contractual or non-contractual rights and obligations).
35. No forbearance, delay or indulgence by either party in enforcing the provisions of this Agreement shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, nor shall any waiver of its rights in relation to a breach of this Agreement operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach and no right, power or remedy given to or reserved to either party under this Agreement is exclusive of any other right, power or remedy available to that party and each such right, power or remedy shall be cumulative.
36. Nothing in this Agreement creates a joint venture, relationship of partnership or agency between the parties. Except as expressly authorised under this Agreement neither party has authority to pledge the credit of or make any representation or give any authority to contract on behalf of another party. No customer employees shall be construed as being an employee of FOURKAY by virtue only of this Agreement or the performance of FOURKAY's obligations under this Agreement.
37. Notwithstanding that the whole or any part of any provision of this Agreement may prove to be illegal or unenforceable the other provisions of this Agreement and the remainder of the provision in question shall remain in full force and effect.
Third Party Rights
38. This Agreement does not create or confer any rights or benefits enforceable by any person not a party to it (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
Assignment and sub-contracting
39. You may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent. We may use subcontractors to perform all or some of our obligations under the Agreement but where we do so we will remain liable to you in accordance with this Agreement for their acts and omissions. We may on prior written notice to you assign our rights and obligations to a third party.
40. This Agreement, together with any contract documents we provide you, is the entire agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter. Except as may be expressly stated in this Agreement, it supersedes and cancels all prior agreements, statements, representations, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written, between the parties. Each of the parties acknowledges and agrees that in entering into this Agreement it does not rely on any statement, representation, warranty or understanding made prior to this Agreement save to the extent it is incorporated into this Agreement. Each of the parties agrees that in entering into this Agreement it has not relied on (or has been induced to enter into this Agreement by) any statement made prior to this Agreement.
41. If either party wishes to make any changes to this Agreement or the underlying terms of the contract for goods or services, they must be agreed in writing by an authorised representative of each party.
42. The latest version of these Conditions of Sale is available on the FOURKAY website. We reserve the right to change our Conditions of Sale from time to time and if we do so we will update the version on our website. Each time you place an order from our website you will be deemed to have agreed to the latest version of our website terms and conditions shown prior to placing your order.
43. Any notice required under this Agreement must be given in writing and in the English language and sent to the address of the party for which it is intended to be given, or such other address as has been notified to the other party in accordance with this condition 43 and be sent by hand, registered post or equivalent and unless delivered by hand (where it shall be deemed received on delivery) it shall be deemed to have been received three working days after the date of posting. In this condition, “working days” means Monday to Friday excluding public/bank holidays in the United Kingdom. Any notices for FOURKAY must be addressed to the Managing Director.
Time for Performance
44. We will always do the best we can to ensure we achieve any delivery dates agreed with you for the provision of the goods or services. However, time shall not be of the essence. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you if we believe that our performance is likely to be delayed for any reason. We will not be liable to you where our performance of the contract is delayed because of your own acts and omissions or those of your employees, agents or contractors.
45. We (and/or our licensors and suppliers) shall retain all right, title and interest in any intellectual property rights in goods, software or services we supply to you under this Agreement. Any intellectual property rights created in the course of the services shall belong to FOURKAY and/or its licensors and/or suppliers.
46. FOURKAY is a trading style of Vertical State Limited. Registered office: 49 Sutherland Grove, London, SW18 5QP, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales under company number: 09950045. VAT registration number GB 252 7649 84
49 Sutherland GroveLondonSW18 5QPUnited Kingdom
© Copyright 2022 FOURKAY - HD Everywhere. Powered by Airsquare.